Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Evening

Hello All,
I just have to tell you about today. It was a very special sunday. We drove about 2 hours to a town called Kadoma. The zone leaders met us along the road and we followed them to the chapel for church. This branch has grown a lot, so today the branch was split. It was the first time being there, and they have a really nice chapel and it was almost packed. The music was beautiful and everyone was so reverent. Now they have Kadoma 1 and Kadoma 2. I'm sure in about 3 years they'll have another branch.The members are not people that live out in the bush, so it was a different feeling in their meetings. Most everyone speaks English and can read it. But the branch president did translate the division line , in Shona and everyone understood then what was happening. The young man playing the organ, keyboard was really good. He taught himself and has only been playing for 2 years. He is 22 and was called as one of the branch clerks. He did say he was getting ready for a mission.
After church these 2 cute little girls came and latched onto my hand and then ran to grab Elder A's hand. They were so cute and expressive.(A tender mercy). Later they only wanted a picture with them in it. We laughed for a while over that.
The Lord pours out his blessings, and we saw that today.
We've had many tender mercies come our way lately. Like last night, our power was out for most of the day and our generator wouldn't stay on. I thought that I'd have to go to church with another "bad hair dooo". But last night the power came on so we could clean up for our Sunday meetings.
We are doing fine. This week , we get to Skype with our new mission president. It should be good and exciting. I'm rather nervous to get a new mission president. I just don't know what to expect from him and his wife. We'll just do our best in the office. I believe that they are as over whelmed as we are about this change in the mission. I'll just have to give her some cookies and soften them up.
Our missionaries are doing well. No accidents this week. Just some really big medical challenges for some missionaries. they might have to go home early.
How are you all doing? we love to hear from you and hear what you're up to. Our winter is here now, and it's cold. I need to buy some winter tights, so I can wear under my skirts. I know that sounds like a "Colorado City" thing. but it's cold!
I'm back to the doctors tomorrow to try to get my ear unplugged. I think I might have an ear infection. They took the wax out but I still can't hear. Very annoying!!! I'm going to get a hearing aid in the future. Not hearing is awefull. I just have to hear what is going on.....
We hope that you're all healthy and your doing well.
Love always Sister H. and Elder A

No comments:

Post a Comment